Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hope Harris- Cousins Jamboree CD Review

Cousins Jamboree

Yeehaw!  Get ready for some toe-tapping, knee bouncing and hand clapping fun with Hope Harris' Cousins Jamboree.  The minute I popped in the CD, my son and I were drawn to the engaging lyrics and eclectic music.  Hope Harris is a trained actress who aspires to reach children with lively entertainment.  She loves to put on a show with lots of energy.  She takes you on a magical journey to thrill your sense of fun and laughter!

Cousins Jamboree has won the 2011 Parent's Choice Silver Honor Award and it's easy to see why.  This 16 track album covers many different music styles including country, swing, jazz, blues, 50's rock and roll, folk and show tunes.  Each song has it's own story and is very imaginative.  The topics interest children and adults alike and hidden among her many original songs are a few old favorites like Five Little Monkeys with Hope's own unique twist.




I find myself singing along with songs as I play the CD in our kitchen while I'm cooking.  And with just the few times that we listened to it, I have found my son already memorizing the words and I can hear him singing even without the music playing.  But the best of all is when his face lights up from the first sounds of a song and he yells out "Gelbart Dufrain!"  When I start to play it, he runs up to the CD player and starts clapping his hands.  He LOVES music and LOVES Hope Harris!

You can find Hope at http://www.hopeharris.com/.
You can buy the CD for $15 or download the MP3 for $9.99 at CD Baby.
Or check out Amazon: Cousins Jamboree

*This product was provided to me free of charge for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this book and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*








No comments: