Monday, July 18, 2011

5 Favorite Books Week: Day #1 (Tisha)

Tisha: The Story of a Young Teacher in the Alaska Wilderness

This week I'm going to share my 5 favorite books with you.  I would say that Tisha: The Story of a Young Teacher in the Alaska Wilderness by Robert Specht and Anne Purdy is one my most favorite book to read.  I read it about once a year.  The very first sentence grabs me.  What I like about this book is that it is a true story and it's about a teacher.  I was a teacher for 12 years and I love reading about teachers.  There is also a wonderful love story and this book is full of adventure and colorful characters.  I guarantee that you will not be able to put this book down once you start.  I highly recommend that you go to the library and check this book out or just order it for your own.  After I first read this in high school I immediately went to the bookstore and got my own copy.  I now have 2 copies and I loan one out for others to read.  So just in case I don't get it back, I still have one!

No comments: