Friday, July 22, 2011

5 Favorite Books Week: Day #5 (Love Comes Softly)

Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1)

I think I was in junior high when my mom gave this book to me as a gift.  Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1) is the first book in series of 8 that follows Marty and her family.  I could read this book in one day.  I love stories about life in the covered wagon days that were so simple, yet full of tough reality.  This book is no exception.  But it also contains a lot of emotion and I just love the way Janette Oke shares what her characters are thinking.  I love the "looks" that characters give to each other and this one has a very special love story.  I recommend this whole series and read each one in order.

There, that's it!  My 5 most favorite books.  Are there any that you would want to read?  I hope so.  I want to go back and read these all again real soon.

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

This is the only one of your favorites that I have read. I think this is a great idea to share your favorite books. I'm trying to think what mine might be...I'm not sure I could come up with 5 so quickly. :)

Shonda said...

Of all these books that are my favorites, if there was one I would most highly recommend is Tisha. Being a teacher is my passion and reading about a true story of a teacher thrills me!