Tuesday, July 19, 2011

5 Favorite Books Week: Day #2 (Jamie MacLeod)

Jamie MacLeod: Highland Lass (The Highland Collection, Book 1)

My best friend in high school gave this book to me and it is another one I just couldn't put down. The cover of my book, Jamie MacLeod: Highland Lass (The Highland Collection, Book 1) is very well worn because I have read it so often.  What draws me to a book like this so many times?  This one is about a young girl who grows up in the highlands and eventually starts to work for a wealthy man.  She is torn between two loves and has a desire to become a lady.  There is mystery and adventure.  I haven't read this in a while, hm, might pick it up again soon.  Psalm 121 is throughout this book, but written in the Scottish tongue.  You will really enjoy this book!

2 comments:

J-ME said...

I have had this book on my bookshelf for 20+ years and to my shame, have never read it. I really like Michael Phillips. You have convinced me... I need to read it!

Shonda said...

I want to read it again too!