Sunday, September 19, 2010

September Cookie Carnival: Moist Chiquita Banana Breakfast Cookies

I recently joined up with Tami's Kitchen Table Talk for the monthly Cookie Carnival.  If this is of interest to you, please read this post to get in on the fun!

Moist Chiquita Banana Breakfast Cookies
  • 1 cup Wheat Flour
  • 1 cup Oatmeal
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 cup Butter, soft
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Organic Carrots
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 2 whole Chiquita Organic Bananas (best with brown spots on peel)
  • 1/3 cup Raisins
  • 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
  • I added 1/2 chocolate chips 

Instructions for:

Moist Chiquita Banana Breakfast Cookie Recipe

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk sugar, butter, Chiquita Banana, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually mix in all dry ingredients until batter is firm. Add raisins and walnuts and mix for 10 seconds. Place two Tbsp of batter on cookie tray and press down to flatten. (I just used my Pampered Chef medium scoop) Bake for 12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and serve.



My take: I was a little skeptical of putting shredded carrot in a cookie like this, but you actually can't taste it at all, but it adds great nutrition. I was also pleased with how moist this cookie is. Tastes so good with a cold glass of milk.  I had to add chocolate chips to it, because I just have to!

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I love all the ingredients in the wonderful cookie. Found you on Mom Loop!