Friday, April 29, 2011

Dear Baby Surprise...

I wrote this letter on March 27, 2011.  I will include it in the baby book.

Dear Baby Surprise,
Only 6 more weeks until I get to meet you.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I actually didn't even know you were growing inside of me until you were 13 weeks.  The minute I saw you on the ultrasound I couldn't believe it!  You captured my heart!

We named you Baby Surprise because we didn't find out about you right away- surprise!  Also, this whole time we don't know if you are a boy or a girl.  We can't wait to find out.

I have felt really good this whole pregnancy.  The hardest thing was that I really am craving sweet things and I can eat breakfast all day.  I have a really hard time making dinners and I'd rather eat out!

Shrade calls you "Baby Prize."  I'm trying to get him excited about being a big brother.

One of the most special parts about being pregnant is feeling you move.  I love to see your little body moving inside of me!  I wonder what you are doing.  I will really miss that.  I feel so close to you and I just thank God for allowing me to be your mommy.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and look into your eyes, kiss your face and cuddle close.  I am looking forward to being your mommy.  I pray for you all the time and I pray that God will help me to be the best mommy for you.

I have SO much to do to get ready for you.  I am trying to move out all of Shrade's things and bring in all the baby stuff.  You will have a special place just for you!

I can't wait to see you and hold you for the first time.  I want to know if you are a boy or a girl and give you the special name that we have chosen for you.

I'm so excited and I cry for joy at the anticipation of welcoming you into our little family.

Thank you, God, for this new little one!

I love you, sweetie!  Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Adriel Booker said...

This is such a sweet post... and I LOVE the "baby prize" nickname. I hope that sticks around a little. :)