Monday, April 4, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels Day #1

SOAP


I'm Blogging Through the Gospels with Mom's Toolbox using the SOAP method.  I probably won't post everyday, but just enough to share this awesome way of studying the Bible.


Scripture:
Matthew 1:21
"She will give birth to a son and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins."

Observation:
*Joseph is told 3 things about the child Mary conceived through the Holy Spirit: it will be a son, his name will be Jesus and he will save people from sins.
*Even though Joseph wasn't the biological father of Jesus, he played a very important role and was given important tasks to be carried out by God.


Application:
*When God gives me important tasks and responsibility, I must obey.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, help me to honor you when you speak to me so I can carry out the important tasks you have given me with responsibility.

No comments: