Monday, April 11, 2011

Booking It April 2011



Books I read in March:

Regret Free Parenting: Raise Good Kids and Know You're Doing It RightThe Bridge of Peace (Ada's House, Book 2)So You're Thinking About Homeschooling: Second Edition: Fifteen Families Show How You Can Do It (Focus on the Family)Here and Now ... There and Then: A Lecture Series on Revelation (Listening Guide and Weeks Assignments)Mine Is the Night: A NovelIndivisible: A Novel


I'm also reading through the New Testament up to Luke 5.
I'm actually starting to read back through the NT by Blogging Through the Gospels with Mom's Toolbox.

Must Reads from this month:
*Regret Free Parenting: Raise Good Kids and Know You're Doing It Right by Catherine Hickem
*So You're Thinking About Homeschooling: Second Edition: Fifteen Families Show How You Can Do It (Focus on the Family) by Lisa Whelchel (this is the second time I read it and I think it solidifies my decision to homeschool even after being a school teacher for so many years)
*Mine Is the Night: A Novel by Liz Curtis Higgs (I love all of her books)

Note:
I just finished Beth Moore's Revelation Study and I must say it has been my least favorite as far as the set up.  But I'm a little biased because I missed several sessions in this mainly lecture series so I was confused and unconnected.  I'm sure that if I applied myself and was able to make all the sessions I would feel differently.  However, the videos were very good even if they were more than an hour long.  It's worth it to take if you can commit to watching every session.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Shonda all of these look really good. I'm in the process of rounding up some good Summer reads. Thank you for sharing

Malinda B said...

Spring greetings from Colorado!
I wanted to thank you for the comments, regarding letter writing.
That meant so much to me!
So glad to hear that you still enjoy writing cards.
I also am looking forward to reading YOUR blog. Wonderful and inspiring!
May you and your family have a beautiful and refreshing spring!
Keep writing letters!

Under His Wings,
Malinda @
Vintage Homestead Emporium

C.G. Koens said...

Just stopping by from Life as MOM's Booking It link-up. I had to write though. My mom was a school teacher and my four older siblings all attended public school, but when I came along as a surprise some 13 years after the last, my mom was informed by my sister (who was doing her practice teaching at the time) that she might was to look into other options. Back in the early 80's, homeschooling wasn't the widely accepted choice that it is now, and we were even told to stay inside the house during school hours! So much has changed over the years and I can honestly say that I am forever grateful to my parents for their choice to homeschool me. I went all the way through high school and graduated a year early before attending college to earn my B.S. degree. Homeschooling ISN'T for everyone, but if you chose to put in the work to do it, I think it will be worth it! Best of luck and blessings!

Nikki said...

I've heard other good things about Mine is the Night, too. And Welchel's book is a book I want to read...at some point when I find the time.

:) said...

I am just finishing the Beth Moore study on Esther. I haven't done the Revelation one. I am sorry to hear it has been disappointing.