Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies



I made these cookies from a tweaked recipe at Heavenly Homemakers.

2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Shred zucchini (I use a food processor).  In a large mixing bowl mix white sugar, flour, salt baking soda and cocoa.   In a separate bowl, stir shredded zucchini, brown sugar melted butter and egg.  Then mix with dry ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Use a large scoop to put 1 1/2 T. sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet.  I use my Pampered Chef ice cream scoop.  Bake in a 350° oven for 15 minutes. This makes about 24 cookies.

I put them in the freezer so they last longer!

No comments: