Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Well, this is my last week of Plan It, Don't Panic.  I must say that I've done much better in planning my meals.  I got a little off schedule last week with different things that happened in the evenings.  I hope that you have found some good recipes from my menu plans.  I'm going to take a break from Menu Plan Monday on my blog for awhile.  I really wish I was as organized as Jessica at Life As Mom with freezer cooking days or Laura at Heavenly Homemakers who plans every meal along with all her homeschooling or SnoWhite at Finding Joy in My Kitchen with her yummy meals.  I guess I have to be who I am, but I love their organization.  I'm trying to simplify my life so I can actually concentrate on those things!

Monday- Chili Dogs
Tuesday- Cheddar Cheese Soup (from the freezer)
Wednesday- Taco Potatoes- didn't make last week
Thursday- Crockpot Chicken- one I didn't make last week
Friday- Enchilada Rice
Saturday- Sweet Potato French Toast (Sneaky Chef style)
Sunday- Chicken and Wild Rice Bake

One thing I'm working on is making food from what we already have.  It's a challenge all in itself.  I am trying to be very frugal right now as we are trying to recover from a big hospital bill that we paid this summer.

2 comments:

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Don't be hard on yourself. Life happens, and weeks can't be planned out perfectly! I just planned mine out and no sooner did I do that, then it changed! You're still doing great by having a plan in the background and if your family is eating, then you've succeeded. :)

Shonda said...

Thanks, Alison! I am a planner, but ever since I had kids, I've lived in chaos and I'm not sure how to get out of it! I'm taking it one step at a time. At least I have a plan!