Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jessna is 6 months old!

This is my doll!
I can't believe our Jessna Josine is 6 months old already!  She is busting out of all her clothes.  I am trying to take pictures of her in all the cute outfits before she outgrows them.  I'm loving all the pinks, purples and yellows!

This month was very special because we had Jessna dedicated at church.  We stood up front and committed to raise our daughter in the Lord.  We did the same thing with Shrade at the exact same age.  You can see in the picture below that when the pastor told us to hold up the babies Shrade held his arms up too!
We invited our family members to come and my dad was able to come as well as my husband's parents.  It was a great weekend!
With Grandpa Jeff
Oh, Jessna!  You are so different from your brother!  So Jessna "sleeps" through the night but if she becomes unswaddled or loses her pacifier she wakes up crying.  We are so exhausted getting up several times to package her back up!  So I devised a very safe double swaddle so her arms are restricted, but her legs can move.  Last night was the first time we slept through the night!  Praise the Lord!


She is still minorly fussy when she eats due to having to burp, fill her diaper or being distracted.  I'm curious to see what she is going to think about food.  We are starting that today!  I made up a bunch of purees- sweet potato, avocado, peach, apricot and plum.  I will be doing the Super Baby Food diet like I did with Shrade.  I'm excited to experiment with her.






Jessna loves bouncing in her exersaucer and she just adores her brother!  We are trying to do peek a boo and she gets this very surprised look on her face when we remove our hands from our face.  She has discovered her toes and feet!  We've been doing lots of tummy time, but Jessna has not rolled over yet!  And she loves to be held looking out. Jessna also started sticking out her tongue.

Will fill out tomorrow when we go the doctor!
Height- 25.5 inches
Weight- 15 lbs 12 oz


Jessna makes this very loud sound, but whenever I try to video tape her she stops.  I actually caught a little bit.  Who could imagine such a sweet and cute little girl could sound like this?!

Check out Shrade at 6 months!

3 comments:

BethElderton said...

Awwww! Squeeeeee! I love clicking on a blog and being surprised and delighted with beautiful little faces!

Shonda said...

Thanks, Beth! She is an absolute sweetie and I love sharing her pictures! It is so fun to watch my kiddos grow!

Tiffanee said...

She is adorable and what precious pictures!!