Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ageless Woman Living- Detox Lite Program Introduction

 
 
 
About 8 months ago I found this podcast by Danna Demetre called The Makeover Mentor.  I started listening.  I realized that this beautiful woman had a lot of great ideas for women who were 40+.  I turned 41 in September and I definitely feel like my body has changed not only from having kids, but also by not bouncing back the way it used to.  I have been working out and eating mostly real food, but I honestly haven't found the key to giving my metabolism a jumpstart to actually lose the weight that I really want to not see anymore.
 
After I had my son in 2008, I lost all my baby weight within 18 months, and then I got pregnant again.  I did not take care of myself well with my second pregnancy.  I craved sweet foods and I ate a lot of them!  I gained 40 lbs.  I was totally miserable.  I have been able to lose about 30 lbs, but I have about 10 stubborn pounds that I can't lose.  Like I said, I have been working out (a lot more than I used to), but I've read it's 80% diet and 20% exercise.  I also have no food allergies and so it's been hard to limit myself. 
 
About 6 months ago, Danna and her friend Robyn (who created the Ageless Woman Living resource), started a program to detox our bodies to get us ready for weightloss.  I was intrigued by this idea.  I never thought about detoxing before.  I did try to do it for 3 days and I quit.  It seemed a little too hard for me.  They were still in the beginning stages of the program and wanted initial feedback. 
 
This summer I've been continuing to listen to their podcasts and cooking shows (oh, yum, they make delicious food!) and when I saw they had made a book and created a website, I decided to take the plunge and enroll in the program.  The great thing about it is, you can do it anytime you want.  All the resources are right there for you.  It's called Ageless Woman Detox Lite (Metabolism Jumpstart).
The best thing about it, is that you get everything for $25 and access for life.  (read more about the program in the link above)
 
I really like Danna and Robyn even though I haven't talked to them personally, they interact on the Facebook page and their cooking shows and podcasts have such excellent information.  I honestly am so glad I discovered these gals right when I needed this kind of direction in my life. 
 
I always thought I would float through life like I always did, but I'm finding out a lot about my body and the food and exercise that I need to do to maintain and have a healthy and vibrant lifestyle.  It's not easy and it takes work and planning and I'm trying very hard to fit this in to my very busy life of a homeschool mom.  But I'm up for the challenge. 
 
Now I am ready.  I have the workbook, the website and I've been pouring over the recipes and plans.  I made a loose menu plan and I made a whole bunch of food.  I'm excited to start (and a little anxious too).
 
I will be sharing my journey in the coming days so stay tuned. 
 
Check out my Pinterest board with most of their cooking shows and recipes:
 
Blessings, Shonda
 
*I am NOT an affiliate for this program.  I am just sharing my journey with you.*
 


No comments: