Friday, March 11, 2011

Project: Simplify Week #1


Yep!  I'm doing another decluttering project in tandem with my 52 weeks.  This one is from Simple Mom and I'm given the hot spot area to clean.  So Closet/Clothes here I come!  There are also prizes attached to this challenge and since I really just need to clean I'm so ready to take on any challenge these next few months.  I plan not to do much after baby comes in the beginning of May.

BEFORE- pregnancy clothes

AFTER- pregnancy clothes

BEFORE- drawers

AFTER- drawers

BEFORE-closet side 1

BEFORE- closet side 2

AFTER- this is what's left!

GIVEAWAY pile of clothes
As I went through my closet this week I made some tough decisions.  First, I'm 7 months pregnant and I know my body has changed since my last pregnancy so there are lot of clothes that don't fit anymore.  Second, I had a whole wardrobe of professional teaching clothes that I have not worn in over 2 years.  And even if I do go back to teaching I won't wear those clothes and they might not even fit.  I bagged up a lot of clothes that I've had for years, but I know it's time.  It feels so clean in my closet, empty, but clean and I know I will be happy not pawing through all the those clothes that I "might" wear!  Fun project!

4 comments:

Jessica Griz said...

I am 25 weeks prego, so I can totally relate. There were some things that I definitely knew I didn't even wear when I was back to "normal" size. Looks like you weeded out a lot. Nice job!!!! :) {Congrats on your new little one!}

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Wow! Good for you! It all looks great.

Nikki said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It looks like you've done a lot of work decluttering your home; want to come to my house when you finish?

Martianne said...

Kudos to you. I so need to focus more on cleaning and organizing.