Friday, March 18, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing #11 and Project :Simplify week #2




Theme: Conquer and Consolidate

Lately since I've been decluttering and cleaning my house I've had to let go of a lot of things.  I pick stuff up and wonder why am I keeping this?  It's hard for me because I am somewhat of a packrat.  But I'm taking little steps and making lots of trips to the Goodwill!  I know that I won't miss most of that stuff.  It feels SO good to clean stuff out.  My whole perspective is changing and I'm feeling more peace as I walk through my home.  Ahhh!  ;)








Simple Mom's project was paper clutter, but I have that under wraps, sort of, but what needed the most attention was my bookshelf!

This week I combined my decluttering efforts.
I tackled the bookshelf!

Are you kidding?  Why do I let it get like this?

Oh, much better!  I love it!







I must say that I own so many books.  I love them, I hate them (when they pile up) and I can't seem to get rid of them.  Sound familiar to anyone.  :)
 
I'm hooked up with The Organizing Junkie and Simple Mom.

8 comments:

Mary said...

That bookshelf looks much better - way to go!

Shannon said...

Wow! Looks great...I need to tackle my bookcases, but I keep putting it off. I need to get rid of some of the books we have and I just don't want to...

DSLA said...

I can TOTALLY relate! We have a TON of books and I keep trying to get rid of some but I don't have the heart! We are building custom bed/bookshelves for our children just for that reason!

April said...

looks great! I think it makes things so much less stressed when things are in their place...but I'm a tad OCD (shhh don't tell anyone) :)

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Looks great. We have so many books and I just keep finding a reason to downsize more. What did I do a few weeks ago>but bought 2 books that were real cheap to read. I will get rid of them when they get read. O my! Thanks for sharing.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Shonda, the header for my blog was taken out at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, east of Woodburn. Hey we don't live too far from each other....3 hours north of me, depending on the speed limit! :0) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have been puttering in my kitchen again this afternoon. Good place to be since it's been raining again! God bless!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I love your blog! Great tips! I became your newest follower! :) Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Christine (iDreamofClean) said...

I just went through the same thing so I feel ya! You did a great job! The bookshelf looks like...well, like you can find what you need :-) Nice!