Since I like to cook I decided to try Truvia to make some yummy dishes to share with you: I found these recipes on the Truvia website.
Chocolate Crepes with Truvia
Ingredients:1½ cups all purpose flour
12 packets TruviaTM natural sweetener
1/8 tsp salt
2¼ cups skim milk
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Non-stick cooking spray
Directions:1. Assemble all ingredients.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, TruviaTM natural sweetener and salt.
3. Add milk, melted butter, eggs, cocoa powder and vanilla; whisk mixture until very smooth.
4. Place batter in fridge for one hour to allow flour to absorb liquid.
5. Place skillet or crepe pan over medium heat; heat until hot.
6. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Pour 1/4 cup batter in pan and swirl to form thin layer.
8. Cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook other side for 30 seconds.
9. Place cooked crêpe on a towel; cool for about 2 minutes.
10. Stack crêpes with wax paper between each layer to prevent sticking.
Serving Suggestion:Place several rows of
fresh or frozen raspberries, strawberries,
banana slices or a fruit sauce down the center
of the crêpe and fold it up. Top with light whipped
topping and dust with cocoa powder to garnish.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1 crepe)Calories 120; Total Fat, 7g; Saturated Fat, 4g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 55mg; Sodium, 85mg; Total Carbohydrate, 14g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 1g; Erythritol, 3g: Protein, 4g; Vitamin A, 8% DV; Vitamin C, 0% DV; Calcium, 4% DV; Iron, 4% DV.
Banana Berry Smoothie with Truvia
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
1 cup orange juice
1 cup ice
4 packets Truvia natural sweetener
Procedure1. Add all ingredients to blender
2. Blend on high until smooth
Nutrition Facts per servingCalories 110; Total Fat, 0g; Saturated Fat, 0g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 45mg; Total Carbohydrate, 28g; Dietary Fiber, 2g; Sugars, 17g; Erythritol, 4g: Protein, 4g; Vitamin A, 4% DV; Vitamin C, 80% DV; Calcium, 10% DV; Iron, 4% DV.
I approve of both of these recipes! Hope you can enjoy the great taste of Truvia too! Oh, wait, yes, you can! I'm having a giveaway!
*This product was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this product and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*
Win it: You can enter to win one 40 pack box of Truvia for yourself! Open to US. Giveaway ends Friday, July 2.
To enter: Be sure to connect to all the links before filling out the entry form.
1. Mandatory: Be a follower on my blog (2 entries)
2. Tell me what how you would use Truvia if you won.
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (top right corner)
4. Put my button on your blog and provide the link.
5."Like" The Knowlton Nest on Facebook (link on my blog).
6. Follow on Networked Blogs (link on my blog)
7. "Like" Truvia on Facebook
8. Follow Truvia on Twitter
9. Follow me on Twitter (@shondet)
10. Post about this giveaway on another site (your blog, facebook, twitter, etc) (1 entry for every site)
Please fill out this easy entry form to win: