Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis Book Review



She left comfort, convenience and cleanliness for poverty, filth and uncertainty. But she found unconditional love, joy and countless miracles in serving the Lord with whole heart abandon in the red dirt of Uganda.  Katie Davis (who wrote Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption) was a high school senior when she made her first trip to Africa.  She immediately fell in love with the people.  Despite her parents wishes, she took a one year teaching position in the town of Jinja (Uganda) instead of attending college.  Katie knew that after a few weeks she could never go back to the life she used to live.  Her mission was to completely follow God and care for the children that she came in contact with everyday.  She learned to trust God and expect that he would give her enough of Him to do the challenging and overwhelming work.  Katie is now the adoptive mother of thirteen little girls and founder of Amazima which supports hundreds of children to attend school.

Katie's story just amazes me because she doesn't question any of what God's Word says, but just does it!  She tells many stories of the devastation of families and children, but she knows she is only one person, but if she helps one person she feels she has made a difference.  I have never ever desired to go to a country like this.  I honestly don't know if I could live the way Katie is living, but I wish I could!  However, she has really  made me appreciate where God has placed me.  This book vividly describes the ups and downs of Katie's journey which is far from over.  I highly recommend this very inspirational and beautiful story about Katie and these children!

Be sure to watch the video to see why I wanted to read this book!



You can visit Katie at her BLOG.
Also, check out her ministry- Amazima.

*This product was provided to me free of charge for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this book and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*

No comments: