Friday, March 14, 2014

42 Days to Fit (by Brandy Ferguson)- Success Story!




In January we booked out 10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii.  Yikes!  I have been trying since last year to lose some extra weight and I haven't been able to do it.  I really needed a boost to help me work hard the next two months before our trip.  I had downloaded 42 Days to Fit on Kindle when it was released and I actually tried to start it a few times, but never got past the first few days.  NO MORE!  This upcoming trip was definitely giving me a jumpstart to make some changes in my health.
 
 
For me, I truly don't "enjoy" exercise, but I know it's good for me and I really want the benefit of losing weight, getting healthy and having energy.  Somewhere around November I stopped exercising.  I also got sick with a cough and I honestly didn't feel like exercising.
 
 
So in the middle of January I picked up 42 Days to Fit and read the first chapter.  Brandy Ferguson from The Marathon Mom is a mother of 8 boys and she took this challenge and was able to develop a very doable plan to start making healthy choices and in the process was able to enjoy life as well as lose weight and eat right.
 
Each week includes exercise and food challenges and added on to those each week.  At first I didn't like the NO dessert and exercising 5 days a week!  I took on as many challenges as I could and being honest, I did cheat a little with dessert, but I continued exercising and I made the habit to exercise 5 days a week and I am still doing that.

A great part of this program is the Journey Guide which includes questions to spur your thinking, a place to take measurements and a place to take extra notes.  This was very helpful for me to put down on paper what I planned to do and what I was doing.  The link to the pdf file is included in the ebook.
 
Brandy shares her struggles as well as her successes. She is an amazing encouragement!  For me, I developed the exercise habit, got stronger, had more energy, created some healthy eating habits and I met my goal weight!!
 
There are so many fun ideas in 42 Days to Fit .  There are also links to videos for exercising and recipes.

Let me tell you, it can be done!  I recommend that you start today...to get ready for summer!  I'm still working out and eating well.  It makes a big difference in how I feel.  You can do it too! 
 
AND NOW....42 Simple & Healthy Dinners (42 Days to Fit)

Check back with me in April for a full review as I try some of these recipes!


No comments: