Friday, August 13, 2010

God's Nuggets: Ruth (Loss, Love and Legacy) by Kelly Minter

I just finished the FABULOUS Bible study by Kelly Minter called Ruth: Loss, Love and Legacy.  It was sponsored through Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries blog and even though I did not have a group of women to go through it with me, I was blessed.  I was thinking I might do this Bible study sometime on Facebook through a private group.  If you are interested, please let me know.  It's a study I want to work through again and have fun "discussing" questions with fellow bloggers.

So Kelly is a very forthright and frank writer and she asks some tough questions that get you thinking.  I really like how she took little sections of verses and really walked me through as I would usually just read this book in a flash.  I saw so many new historical facts and also discovered some new insights that pertain to my spiritual walk.  Included in the study are words to songs recorded by Kelly which you can listen to on her website: Living Room Series.  There are also some delicious recipes.

One thought that really struck me was in response to God's wonderful redemption of my sins, I can certainly have a change of heart for anything he has called me to do.  The catch is, I have to be willing to be made willing.  That' huge for me as I struggle with giving up my control.  Do you relate?

I think one of the most important connections this study makes is how God divinely orchestrated each circumstance to his ultimate purpose in bringing Jesus into the world.  You'll just have to do this study to find out!!

Anyway, check it out and also let me know if you would consider doing this Bible study with me.

You can get the book through Lifeway stores.

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

This sounds great! I'm not on Facebook though!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Never read the book, but Ruth is always a great character to study. Amazing woman!