Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Chill of the Night Book Review

The Chill of the Night by James Hayman is a thrilling suspense novel centered around the murder of an intelligent and beautiful law associate, Lainie Goff.  Detective Mike McCabe is assigned to this baffling case and becomes emotionally involved when he discovers that the deceased resembles his ex-wife.  It seems that everyone who knew Lainie has a motive, but there is no witness until a schizophenic claims she witnesses a murder with all the right descriptions.  Complications arise as the investigation deepens.  There is no telling who committed the crime.  This novel will keep you on the edge of your seat as the suspects narrow to the ultimate criminal.

Hold on tight to this intriguing novel by James Hayman.  I thought the characters in this book were rich in description and really added to the drama of the story.  I was completely baffled by the events of the plot and I was constantly guessing "who done it."  Besides the language and some graphic descriptions that obviously contributed to the environment of the novel, this book had an outstanding draw to the thriller suspense element that is exactly what I enjoy reading.

*This book was provided to me free of charge by Pump up Your Book for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this book and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*