Friday, January 22, 2010

God's Nuggets (What God is teaching You & Me)

Hi there! Happy Friday! There is so much I want to share about what God is teaching me in this Bible study, but I have come across this poem that will touch your heart and cause you to think about your relationship with God in a more profound way. My grandma sent this to me in a letter.

GOD SAID...
If you never felt pain, then how would you know I am a healer?
If you never went through difficulties, how would you know that I am a deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself and overcomer?
If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am a comforter?

If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I am a forgiver?
If you knew all, how would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you were never in trouble, how would you know that I would come to your rescue?
If you were never broken, then how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, how would you know that I could solve them?
If you never had suffering, how would you know what Jesus went through?

If you never went through fire, how would you become pure?
If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?
If you had all power, how would you learn to depend on Me?

If your life were perfect,
Why would you need Me??

-Author Unknown

3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Amen to that! Thank you for sharing this today.

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

This was absolutely PERFECT for a friend of mine today who was experiencing some difficult stuff. I emailed it to her and I know she was SO appreciative of it. Blessings on you for posting this!

Shonda said...

It just touched me too. I have it typed out and I'm going to paste it in my quiet time book. Yes, forward it to any friend that needs it!