Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Baked Apple Raisin Oatmeal

One Christmas, right after Shrade was born, my sister in law came to visit and she brought ingredients to make this yummy baked oatmeal.  Here is the recipe:

2 2/3 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
4 c. milk
2 unpeeled chopped apples
walnuts for topping

Mix altogether.  Put in greased 9x13 in pan.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 min.

I recently brought this to MOPS for hot dish.  Very yummy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness ... this sounds insanely good! And healthy! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe ... I can't wait to try it! :)

Unknown said...

Oh ... I wanted to ask ... does the finished product come out similar to cooked oatmeal in a bowl or is it more solid, like a desert?

Also ... I was wondering if you'd give me permission to post it on my blog. Every month, on the first Friday of the month, I post a vegan recipe ... with just a little modification, this recipe would be vegan. I would, of course, link back to this post.

Thanks, again!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com