Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Straight to the Heart of Romans by Phil Moore Book Review


Phil Moore wrote Straight to the Heart as a contemporary commentary. Straight to the Heart of Romans is a book with 60 Bite-Sized Insights into this fascinating book of the Bible.  Phil explores Romans through the eyes of history and he threads his theme- There's a New King in Town- throughout each chapter.  Phil digs deep into the significance of very difficult passages and the lessons Paul was trying to teach us.  He breaks it down to help the reader understand God's Word with a fresh perspective.  His writing is lively and interesting.

I found this book added so much more background to the book of Romans that I never knew.  I really liked how he shared many historical events and also compared passages of Romans to modern day examples that helped me understand the meaning better.  I was very impressed with the thorough, yet very engaging commentary that will help me as I go back to study Romans more in depth.  I would be anxious to read the other books in this series (Genesis, Moses, Matthew, Acts, 1&2 Corinthians and Revelation).

*This product was provided to me free of charge by Kregel Publications for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this book and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*
 



Extra Bonus:
Beginning February 22 and continuing through Easter Sunday, Kregel Publications will be tweeting links to Straight to the Heart of Romans. The entire book will be posted as short, five to ten minute, daily readings. Encourage your readers to check out this fresh, and free, engagement with the Bible. Find it by following Kregel Publications or #Straight2Heart on Twitter.


No comments: