Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sometimes He Whispers, Sometimes He Roars by Marilynn Chadwick Book Review




Sometimes He Whispers Sometimes He Roars: Learning to Hear the Voice of God by Marilynn Chadwick is not only a book sharing about practical ways to make prayer a part of your daily life, but it's a book that shares what the power of prayer can do.  Marilynn is the co-founder and speaker for Women Under Construction and is also a pastor's wife.  She has spent over 10 years developing a powerful and effective way to pray.  Marilynn shares how September 11 spurred her on a journey to think beyond her world to a world in need of prayer.  As she prayed for specific people, she was able to see the results of her prayers by meeting some of those people.  Marilynn shows how to use a "chubby book" for daily prayers and explains a 21 Day Prayer Experiment.  She also shares little ideas like prayer triggers, prayer on demand (POD) and daily themes.  Included in the back of the book is an 8 week Leader's Study Guide and several other pertinent prayer resources.

I was absolutely fascinated by reading this book.  I really desire to have a better prayer life and I would love to see God work as I pray like He did in Marilynn's life.  She has some awesome stories that truly show how prayer can "work."  But most of all she aims for her readers to develop that connection with God.  I'm excited to do the 21 Day Prayer Experiment soon.  If you have a desire to walk closer with God and learn more about prayer, I highly recommend this book.  (It will go on my Must Read List for 2012)

*This product was provided to me free of charge by Simon & Schuster for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this book and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*
 

No comments: