Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 Resolutions for 2012

I'm not a big resolution maker.  I tend to make goals and not follow through.  I want to be a bit more solid this year.  I thought of 12 things that I want to do this year.  Here they are:

1. Read through the Bible in 90 Days!  I'm a bit nervous about this, but I signed up to start February 1 and I'm very excited.  I am praying to be immersed in God's Word in a whole new way.

2. Finish memorizing Romans 8.  I started memorizing Romans 8 with Do Not Depart several weeks ago and I'm still on fire.  What an awesome chapter of the Bible.

3. Marriage-  How can I make my husband my priority?    I read this book 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband by Pam Farrel.  I'm going to work on some of those ideas!

4. Kids-  I read 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom by Angela Thomas and I'm going to read one chapter a week and pray for how I can be a better mom to my kids.

5. Health-  Since having Jessna, I have some weight to lose and I also want to eat better.  My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the summer by eating healthy and exercising!

6. Family-  I don't get to see my mom, dad and sister very much, so I'm going to make plans to see them more often.

7. Friends-  I need more face to face girl time.  I'm going to call up my best friend and try to meet with her more regularly.

8. Teaching-  I am doing preschool with my son (who is now 3) and I want to get lessons organized and also have a lot of fun.  You can see our adventures at Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow.

9. Menu planning and Cooking-  I would really like to create an easy and workable menu plan for each month and keep it going.

10.Organizing and Cleaning-  This year I want to PURGE and get a cleaning system in place.  I feel so much better when I don't live in chaos.

11.  Hobbies- Reading, Blogging and Sewing?  I have a project sitting at the sewing machine that I want to make for my daughter.  I hope to spend time weekly to make a cute I-Spy Quilt by her first birthday in May.

12. Relax-  Ha!  I don't really take time to relax, but I will try to take a few more naps and get to bed earlier.

Well, that sums up my year that I anticipate.  What are your resolutions?   Have a happy 2012!! ~Shonda

No comments: