I'm not a big resolution maker. I tend to make goals and not follow through. I want to be a bit more solid this year. I thought of 12 things that I want to do this year. Here they are:
1. Read through the Bible in 90 Days! I'm a bit nervous about this, but I signed up to start February 1 and I'm very excited. I am praying to be immersed in God's Word in a whole new way.
2. Finish memorizing Romans 8. I started memorizing Romans 8 with Do Not Depart several weeks ago and I'm still on fire. What an awesome chapter of the Bible.
3. Marriage- How can I make my husband my priority? I read this book 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband by Pam Farrel. I'm going to work on some of those ideas!
4. Kids- I read 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom by Angela Thomas and I'm going to read one chapter a week and pray for how I can be a better mom to my kids.
5. Health- Since having Jessna, I have some weight to lose and I also want to eat better. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the summer by eating healthy and exercising!
6. Family- I don't get to see my mom, dad and sister very much, so I'm going to make plans to see them more often.
7. Friends- I need more face to face girl time. I'm going to call up my best friend and try to meet with her more regularly.
8. Teaching- I am doing preschool with my son (who is now 3) and I want to get lessons organized and also have a lot of fun. You can see our adventures at Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow.
9. Menu planning and Cooking- I would really like to create an easy and workable menu plan for each month and keep it going.
10.Organizing and Cleaning- This year I want to PURGE and get a cleaning system in place. I feel so much better when I don't live in chaos.
11. Hobbies- Reading, Blogging and Sewing? I have a project sitting at the sewing machine that I want to make for my daughter. I hope to spend time weekly to make a cute I-Spy Quilt by her first birthday in May.
12. Relax- Ha! I don't really take time to relax, but I will try to take a few more naps and get to bed earlier.
Well, that sums up my year that I anticipate. What are your resolutions? Have a happy 2012!! ~Shonda