Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: Spring "Green" Cleaning Part 1


 As many of you know, I am married to "Mr. Environmentalist" and I love him! He has taught me so much about being "green." Ha, not like Kermit used to sing about!!! Anyway, there are many areas in my life that I have changed as a result of my husband's influence.

Here are a few ways that we try to preserve the environment:
*Recycling- paper, plastic, bags, etc.
*Using cloth diapers for our son
*We go on walks and pick up aluminum cans and trade them in for money!
*We have several of the re-usable grocery bags.
*We grow and can much of our food.
*We buy a lot of products that don't have packaging, but if we do buy a product with packaging, we make sure we can recycle it.
*I use Charlie's Soap for laundry detergent.

But one area where I am going to start being more environmentally sound is with my cleaning products. Someone commented on my blog and I always check out theirs too and on hers I found a company with some great products that are good for the environment and also smell great in my house: Green Clean Chic. I ordered the Green cleaning kit and started using the products on Monday. WOW! Wish you could smell my house.

I started with my bathrooms- toilets and sink. Then I worked on the kitchen- countertops, sink and floor. I also added a few drops of essential oil to my laundry!

Next week I will include some recipes and more tips as I discover them.

Do you have any "green" cleaning ideas?

PS. Thanks MommyofFatith19! I love your blog!

6 comments:

mommyoffaith19 said...

Yeah, thank you!

I have that cleaning kit too. I only have a few more tips that I learned from the owner of the company and I will try to get them posted.

She use to show how you can use them in a more spa like way. Like adding them to your bath, foot soaks etc.

I love your blog too!!

Bob said...

Awesome blog. Enjoyed reading about "green cleaning". I wish more people took advantage of these alternatives. Thanks for putting the info out there. I just visited greencleanchic.com and was impressed with the selection. Anyone have any good "recipes" for making your own laundry detergent??

Healthy Chocolate Lady said...

I have used green clean chic products for years. I feel so good that I am using something so good for my family and the environment. The quality and prices are second to none....I have tried a lot. My favorite is the scrubbing cleanser.

Healthy Chocolate Lady said...

I love the green clean chic stuff and have used it for years. I feel so good about using a product that is so good for our environment and for my family. The quality and prices are top notch. My favorite product to make and use in the green clean kit is the scrub cleanser. It also makes a great "rainy day" craft project to do with the kids.

Christine (iDreamofClean) said...

I haven't heard of green clean chic so I'm excited to check them out! I'm going to look through your "green" cleaning posts as well since I'm learning a lot about that right now! Thanks for linking up!!

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

HI Shonda! Just jumped over here from IDreamOfClean :) Way to go green! The closest I am to green is cloth diapering and reusing as much as I can...but that's mainly just because I'm cheap :) LOL!