Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Abide: 40 Ways to Focus on Jesus Daily by Tara Cole Book Review


Abide: 40 Ways to Focus on Jesus Daily by Tara Cole is book that gives the reader simple ways to come to God daily (and it doesn't have to just be early morning).  Tara defines abide as "to be held; kept; continually."  In her book she invites the reader to explore 40 ways to come close to Jesus in the daily walk of life.  She has divided them up into five topics: Abiding in the Word, prayer, community, worship and service.  She gives a few ideas for how to read this book such as taking 5 weeks and studying each of the five topics.  Every chapter begins with a title, Bible verse and explanation of the way of abiding with Jesus.  After each chapter there are questions or sometimes even work pages to "practice" the topic discussed.  Tara's gentle words of encouragement inspire the reader to dive deeper and find her own unique way of abiding with Jesus.  At the end of the book, Tara also adds 40 ways to teach kids how to abide with Jesus! She also includes a great list of resources.

I have been a Christian for a long time and I've developed my daily quiet time in the morning.  But I often go about my day with no thought of my relationship with God other than the few prayers I send up through my busy day.  I know that I want to abide with Jesus through my day and even if I don't get that quiet time I want to be able to connect with God.  I felt this book was simple for a new Christian and also gives a seasoned Christian many new ways to reach out the Father in daily life.  And I absolutely loved the section for kids.  Tara covered this topic well and gives the reader a fresh and new perspective on drawing near to God and abiding through the day with the One who longs to be with us.

Get your copy of Abide: 40 Ways to Focus on Jesus and snag these extra bonuses by October 22.
Early Bird Bonuses:
  • Abide: How to Focus on Jesus - 5 Week Bible Study
  • John 15: 4 Graphic
  • Abide Spotify Playlist

*I was a given a complimentary copy of this book for review for being on the launch team.  All opinions are my own.*

No comments: