Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A New Adventure...Ups and Downs




It's been quite a crazy month or more for my family.  We found out at the end of September that my husband was finally offered the job he had been waiting to hear about ALL summer.  You can read about it HERE.  So the better part of October was getting our house ready to put on the market.  Thankfully we had done a lot of work this summer like painting the house and weeding the yard and painting the fence and front porch.  We also stained the decks and sprayed the screen doors so they were crisp white.  But in October we had to start packing up everything except what we wanted to keep for the next few months.  We also had to stage the house and have pictures.  We put in new carpet upstairs and had the carpets downstairs cleaned.  We worked many hours and were so thankful for the help of our friends.



In late October we put our house on the market and made a trip out to Virginia to look for our "new" home.  My husband had to work at his new job and I was able to tour the area.  We ended up looking at 8 homes!  We were looking for homes with land and most of them happened to be older.  We went into a house built in 1865 and also one from 1895.  We felt at home since our house was built in 1905!  Well, we finally found a house that seemed just right for our family and we made an offer.  We were hoping that an offer would be made on our house soon too.





When we arrived back in Washington, we found out that an offer was made on our home!  We were so excited, but also cautious since there are so many things that need to happen before the closing of a home.  Well, something did happen.  The buyers backed out.  I was pretty upset about how the whole thing happened, but then we put our house back on the market the next day.  This weekend we had 3 showings, but nothing came from them.

Selling a house is emotionally draining.  I have had so much emotional ups and downs in the past 10 months.  But I'm learning to keep steady with Jesus.  Yes, I know how I wanted it all to work out with a little bow on top, but that is not how it is going.  So we are waiting and trusting.  We decided to go ahead and apply for a loan and buy the house in Virginia.

I have been trying to look for the "good" in this situation, but right now I just can't see it too clearly.  I don't feel good when an offer goes sour.  I don't feel good when someone chooses another house over ours.  I don't feel good when someone doesn't even stop to go into the house.  But God is good and He is working in ways I cannot see to bring "good" to this situation I am going through.

This coming weekend we are having a going away party at our church and then the following Tuesday we leave on our trip out East.  We are excited, nervous and ready to start our new adventure.

I ask for continued prayers for the sale of our home. We have put a lot of time, love and energy into making this our home and for putting it on the market.



Happy Thanksgiving!  

No comments: