Monday, December 28, 2015

What I did in 2015 and My Plan for 2016


Hi everyone!  It's Shonda! I know I don't post often and I do have to tell you that blogging needs to take a back seat in my life.  I truly want to pour into my family and home in this season of life.  I am very busy at home with homeschooling, cooking, decluttering and spending time with my husband.  I have learned that I can't fit it ALL in.  But I do like to jump on here from time to time and share what I like, some reviews and various other things.  Thanks for hanging out with me.

What I did in 2015:
*I read 24 books and tracked them on Goodreads.  It was fun to make a challenge that worked out to be 2 books a month.  I have a variety of fiction, non-fiction, parenting, marriage, outreach, self-help, Bible study and more. I will share some of my favorite books next month.
2015 Reading Challenge


*I did 2 fitness challenges with Bikini Body Mommy.  I really enjoy her workout routines.  I usually write them in a spiral notebook and track my repetitions.  Every 15 days she does a "fit test."  It's great to see progress.  I hope to do the new 5.0 challenge that is coming up soon.  LOL, I don't look like that, but when I do the workouts I definitely feel more fit, more energy and happy!


*I also did an Ageless Woman Detox this fall which I blogged about.  But I wasn't able to continue the full re-entry program as we started to get ready for our trip to Mexico.  I just can't seem to juggle too many things at the same time.


*I memorized 24 verses with Living Proof Ministries (Beth Moore) Siestas. 


*I donated bags and bags of stuff 6 times to the Goodwill pick up drivers this year.  And I still have MUCH more to declutter!  I am going to work through  the 52 weeks challenge at Home Storage Solutions and also grab some ideas from Organize 365.  I really like the podcasts from Lisa Woodruff.
52 Week Organized Home Challenge
*One really significant change I made this year was to have a weekly review where I take out my Sunday Basket and go through it (mail, bills, etc. that I stick in there during the week that can be handled in one day), make a meal plan, sketch out my week in my Homemaker's Friend Daily Planner and keep current with the budget, pictures to download, errands to run, people to contact, small business things to write on my task list and more.  This is a great way to prepare for the week and keep my days, weeks and months organized.



These are just a few of the things that are keeping me busy.



Here is my plan for 2016 on the blog:
*I am going to share my top 5+ book picks from 2015 and share in a video in January.

*I will share about our Mexico trip.

*I will be sharing a few book reviews, products I love and other tidbits throughout the year.

I am super busy homeschooling and trying to declutter my home.  This blog is a fun place to hang out when I'm not reading, homeschooling, memorizing, working out and traveling! 

PS.  If you want to check out my homeschool blog, come visit Milk N' Honey Learn and Grow.

I hope you have had a fantastic year and  that you are looking forward to the coming year.

PS. I will share my updated Homemaking Binder via video soon too!

No comments: