Tuesday, August 4, 2015

31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom by Arlene Pellicane Book Review



31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom by Arlene Pellicane is her latest book addressing the happiness of moms.  She explores the way moms should be feeling, thinking and doing so that their happiness is not dependent on the ups and downs of motherhood, but rather on a solid foundation of the these 5 keys: Healthy, Action-Oriented, Prayerful, Perseverant and Yes-Filled.  It's not easy being a mom and Arlene knows that full well with her house of three active kids.  This book takes you on a 31 day journey and so each day there is a Bible verse, a relatable story from Arlene's family, some quotes from other experienced moms, some words for step moms and single moms, an energy boost and a prayer for the day.  Each day has a practical application to help the reader make it personal and profitable.  She also includes a list of Bible Verses for the Happy Mom and a short discussion guide.

I was thrilled to be able to review another book from Arlene Pellicane.  Each one focuses on a different aspect of who we are as women and this one was specifically for moms.  I like how I can really relate to Arlene's stories and actually apply her suggestions to my every day life.  Toward the end of the book I really felt challenged to step out of my shell and comfort zone and pursue some things that would benefit not only me, but also my children.  After 31 days of reading this book, you will begin to see that you can be a happy mom.  It's an intentional choice and one that you will not regret.

See this video featuring Arlene and her children!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2ewzM1THE



*I was given a complimentary copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own. *

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you read the book Shonda! Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!