Friday, November 13, 2009

Recipe of the Week- Sloppy Cornbread!

So I found this easy and yummy recipe on Laura's Heavenly Homemakers blog. I suggest you look at her site. It is amazing! She makes this Sloppy Cornbread with sloppy joe mix and cornbread on top. (I actually only made half a recipe for just the two of us and I put it in a pie plate).

Sloppy Joes

2 lbs ground meat (beef, turkey, venison and lamb)
2 T. minced onion
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon worchestershire sauce
sea salt to taste

Brown meat and onion together. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Allow mixture to simmer in the skillet for a few minutes.


Double this recipe for cornbread:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. honey
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup buttermilk (I used milk)


Spread sloppy joe mix in 9x13 pan and pour cornbread mix on top. Cook at 400 for 20-30 min until cornbread is done.


Have a Happy Friday! Only 2 weeks until my son turns one year old. :)

No comments: