Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Recipe of the Week- Rhubarb Pudding

Hi, I have decided to add a new feature to my blog. I am crazy about recipes and I scour the internet for what to make for my family. I also ask anyone for recipes, so most of these recipes are not mine, but I will give credit where it is due. My quest is to post at least one recipe a week of something that I have made.

My first endeavor was to make a dessert for MOPS this week. So I chose Rhubarb Pudding. I actually got this recipe from a clerk at Summit Trading Company. We met Marcel as our cashier and developed this acquaintance relationship and Jeremy always talked about what he was growing in the garden. One day she gave us this recipe and I tried it out for a 4th of July potluck one year. I do have this advantage that my husband cans things from our garden. So I actually used the strawberry rhubarb sauce that he made for this recipe.

Rhubarb Pudding
3 cups rhubarb cut up
1 cup sugar
(I used Jeremy's canned sauce)
cinnamon
1 Tb butter

2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Put rhubarb in casserole dish (9X13) and cover with one cup sugar. Dot with 1 Tb butter and sprinkle good with cinnamon. Beat eggs, sugar, water, flour and baking powder and pour over rhubarb. Bake at 375 for 45 min.


I am looking forward to sharing more recipes with you. I have found some fabulous websites with yummy food.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a yummy way to use my rhubarb!!! I wanted to let you know that you won the fall giveaway on my blog! woo-hoo! go to my contact page and shoot me an email with your address, and then watch for a box from Amazon! Hooray!!!