And this was what was inside:
There were 3 tops, a cardigan and a scarf. There were styling cards with each top/cardigan.
Unfortunately I didn't have someone to take pictures of me, but I only chose one item. Can you guess what it was? You can't see it very well in the picture, but it is the black top (pictured below). The material is somewhat sheer, but I like that it was black and goes with everything I have and it doesn't show my figure (or lack thereof), but flatters me in a way that could be casual or dressy.
So here are my pros and cons:
*Free shipping and return shipping
*Try on styles in the comfort of my own home
*Styling cards for ideas
*Everything did fit
*Fun surprise to see what I got
*A place online to evaluate and give suggestions for my next fix- I definitely told my likes and dislikes
*I can choose when my next fix comes
*Clearly labeled instructions and price sheet
*Prices too high (each item was from $38-$68). I'm a Target and Thrift Store girl (enough said)
*I didn't like everything in the box even though it fit
*Not being able to choose the clothes
*The turn around was a bit quick (3 days)
A note about pricing-
The styling fee ($20) is also a credit. The styling fee is charged when the box is sent. Then it is subtracted from your total. And if I bought everything in the box I would get a 25% discount which in this box was $65. However, I just bought one blouse and so with the styling fee credit it was only $48. No tax, no shipping.
Over all, I thought it was a fairly fun adventure, but I wouldn't be able to do this every month. I might try it once each season to see what styles they send me.
How about you? Would you like to try it out? There is no cost to set up your profile. You will only get charged when you schedule a fix. Sounds fair to me! It took about a month for me to get off the waiting list, but now I am a sure customer so I can choose the dates from now on.
Check out Stitch Fix and see if this is something you are interested in.
Here is how it works:
- Sign Up and Complete Your Style Profile After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile. We need to know your size, shape, style, price preferences, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. It’ll take about 10 minutes.
- Schedule a Stitch Fix Pick a date, and we’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items we’ve hand-picked just for you. Schedule monthly, or as often as you like—it’s your call. You pay a $20 styling fee up front, which serves as credit toward anything in your Stitch Fix shipment.
- Try it all on Try on everything we send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on. Pair it with items already in your closet. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.
- Decide Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Pay for just what you want to keep, return the rest in our pre-paid mailing bag at any USPS mailbox. Keep all 5 items and you save 25% off the entire shipment.
- Check Out Give us feedback on your Stitch Fix shipment—our secret (styling) sauce gets better over time if we know what did and didn’t work for you.
Sign up for Stitch Fix today!!