Thursday, February 10, 2011

Booking It 2011: February

Wow, I love Booking It!  I have considerably decreased my efforts to read this year because I have a toddler and one on the way, but I do always seem to have a book I'm reading.  I'm really trying to refrain from reviewing so many books this year.  It's hard because I just LOVE books.  I'm really looking for quality fiction and non-fiction mostly Christian, but with others mixed in between.

Here is what I read in January:
*Reading through the NT- up to Matthew 20
*Unexpected Love (Seasons of Redemption, Book 3) by Andrea Boeshaar
*Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life by Nick Vujicic (worth reading)
*Search, The: A Novel (Lancaster County Secrets) by Suzanne Woods Fisher
*Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line by Abby Johnson (a MUST READ!)
*31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding by Arlene Pellicane

 From the Eleven List:
*The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin

I thought this was a very good book, but as a Christian, I know the secret to true happiness is through Jesus Christ.  However, I do like many of the ideas that Gretchen presented and I aim to make a list of things that make me "happy" and do them.

So what is on your MUST READ list from last month?

I'm hooked up with Booking It at Life as Mom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are dead on with your secret to happiness. I think that's exactly why this book wasn't life-changing for me. It had some great concepts and ideas, but you're right - my happiness comes from being a daughter of the Father and knowing he loves me no matter what I do. Thanks for sharing!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Wow, good for you for doing so much reading!!! I don't have kids and I can't give any other excuses for my lack of reading this month. Well, I did read a bunch of school-related articles, and I'm still trucking through one book. :) Thanks for sharing your list!

Samantha said...

Your book list sounds really interesting. I saw an advertisement for the book by Abby Johnson and it looked really good.

I agree with you about The Happiness Project. While I did love it, I noted in my review that the incredible importance of my faith was a major missing part of the book. Also, I can't imagine trying to do many of the things in the book to actively seek happiness in my own strength.

I've never read any of the Lancaster County books and love romances. I'd probably like those.

Samantha

Nikki said...

It is hard to find time to read when you have little ones underfoot, isn't it? But it's so worth it!